Monday, September 3, 2007

The closure.

Two small urns .
A muddy river.
A task which had to be done.

I folded my jeans to step into the waters I had only seen from atop the Howrah bridge.
Not too sure whether I wanted to do what I came here for.
A little part of my dear friend was there with me and I did not want to let go of it.
I had to choose between holding on the tangible and making do without it.

In the end,good sense prevailed and i slowly untied the red scrap which was covering an urnful of memories.
As the ash floated on the brown surface and slowly went under, the Hooghly transformed itself into a holy river from the muddy thing I perceived it to be.
It held for me one last glimpse of my buddy for the last seven and a half years and encompassed whatever physical element was left of him.

Goodbye sweety...I'm gonna miss you.
This is my final goodbye and the time for closure.

No comments: