Monday, September 8, 2008

An August realization.

There at the helm of the house boat, effectively cutting out the rest of the world - with only me, the ripples on the water, the sky and the steady lull of the boat- I was completely at peace.
At peace with me, at peace with my inner demons and at peace with the various complexities life continues to dole out.

It was the most comforting sight, the life in the water co-existing with the tranquil expanses of the skies above.
Energy and serenity together at once, exactly like the state of mind one was in.
So many thoughts in the head, the rights ,the wrongs .
The black ,the white and especially those greys- the ones maxing out my emotional strength.

I had a boatful of friends to give me company, yet over the din, I could distinctly hear the heart, a steady beat, helping me reaffirm what I had just realized
- Tranquility can only be appreciated by its absence.

There I was, looking till where my sight went,
looking where the sea and the sky met and the only thing I could think was
‘Only my Creator can judge me ’.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

u found peace??? i can go on a rant of mine own.. but.. i'll just leave u with.. yeah.. yet another movie reference..

[ toldja.. movies... my life is based on them, kinda like jim carrey in the cable guy, im almost like that, know everything abt TVs, DVDplayers... anything entertainment setup related, i have to set the tv picture settings, shuffle the channels and put them in their proper place [ that could be my OCD, obsessive compulsive.. yeah ] but i guess i didnt have the childhood carrey had in the movie, or did i.. i dont dwell on such trivial things like, daddy wasnt there and so on... americans man.. make a big deal outta nothing.. maybe thats why they are the big brother... hmm?... ]

ok, so the movie reference..

the movie is 'The Last Samurai' if u havent seen this. pls do. [ im a big recommender.. ok... suffice to say, im the go to guy for movies ... tv... books... u get the picture ]

i wont spoil anything fer ya... the ending line of the movie..

"As for the American Captain, no one knows what became of him. Some say that he died of his wounds. Others, that he returned to his own country. But I like to think he may have at last found some small measure of peace, that we all seek, and few of us ever find. "

hmm..?? i could rant on this... but that line is so beautiful, im just gonna leave it like that..

[ see.. no rant.. |-: ]

Anonymous said...

awesome Akshu... that was deep